Tuesday, December 14, 2010

2010 is going out with a bang!

This year may have started off slowly, but the pace sure picked up this fall. Things seem to be happening at lightning speed these days. First, the good folks at Dundurn signed on my new middle-grade novel, Chasing the White Witch (fall, 2011)! Next, the Ontario Library Association nominated Ghost Ride for the Red Maple Award! And now, I'm beyond excited to announce that my personal bullying story will appear in the amazing anthology, Dear Bully, published by HarperCollins US!



Stellar YA authors Carrie Jones and Meghan Kelley Hall are co-editors of this most awesome anthology that will hopefully touch many kids/teen lives by letting them know they are not alone in their struggles. Read how these two amazing writers came up with the idea here. Anyone who has experienced bullying (and, honestly, not too many people haven't!) knows just how painful and just how devastating to ones self-esteem it can be. The list of authors appearing in this anthology is incredible: Heather Brewer, Mo Willems, Ellen Hopkins, Cecil Castellucci, Eric Luper, Carolyn Mackler, R.L Stine, Alyson Noël, Lauren Kate, Lisa McMann, Lauren Oliver, Nancy Werlin, Jon Scieszka, Nancy Garden and Deborah Kerbel--to name but a few.

Once again, I'm not quite sure how I found my little old self on such an amazing list. I only hope my story will give strength to those who read it.

Here's looking forward to 2011! May it be filled with good health and much happiness for all of you!

No comments: