Thursday, October 29, 2009

Lunch Launch 2009!








Today was the first in a series of launches for my new novel Ghost Ride! I presented the book to a captive lunch-eating audience of some 200 intermediate students at Castlemore P.S.--what fun!





















Why Castlemore? Well, for starters the teacher-librarian, Grace Wong, is amazingly supportive.




Last year she had me present to the entire junior and intermediate divisions and I sold a whack of books! Also, a few students lingered after the presentation to chat and when I mentioned I'd love a trailer for my new novel--well, they actually agreed to create one for me all on their own! Check it out! So when the time came to choose a school venue for a launch--Castlemore was the way to go! Even the now grade 9 students who created the trailer came back to their old elementary school for the launch! I was so excited to see them and thank them again.


The local newspaper, The Economist & Sun, even dropped by--can't wait to read the article!

Now recently I've been following a discussion about book launches--all the dos and don'ts. One thing I can say for sure, is that free food--especially treats--is the greatest lure! Though this was totally an optional event and all these students showed up of their own accord, I can't honestly say just how many showed up for me and my book or how many showed up for the free treats!!!! (Peanut-free, of course!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi :)
Thanks for sharing!
I loved the pictures, thank you for including them.
It looks like a great time was had by all.
All the best,
RKCharron
xoxo

V. Gaboury said...

Yea! Congrats! Looks like you are having fun!