Sunday, December 7, 2008

More Inspirations--of the sports variety...


I've been a football fan--CFL fan--for the better part of the last 20 years. When I met my husband I was forced to adopt his NFL team--the Miami Dolphins, which for a while, during Marino years, was quite enjoyable. Then Marino retired and followed what I lovingly refer to as The Dark Years. Too many abysmal losses to mention, the "season-that-shall-not-be-named" (1-15!!!) and don't even get me started on the whole Ricky Williams fiasco (I refuse to forgive him!)


But tonight, all was good in the sports world for Dolphin fans. As play-off hopes are always minimal at best, the Buffalo vs. Miami game (especially the December game) is our personal Superbowl. Held at the Rogers Centre (I still refer to it as the Dome), the atmosphere was great (for a Toronto crowd anyway). I was hopeful, donning my Dolphin attire (though I tossed out the more obnoxious toques during The Dark Years) and prepared to endure the usual Bill's fan abuse.





It wasn't what I'd call an exciting game--but hey, we'll take the win. So there I was, my mind wandering as usual, and a sports story plot (was I the only fan there thinking about writing) popped into my head. Now, if I could only find the time to finish my current WIP and get started on it!

Oh, and one of the things I really enjoyed about this game was the half-time show--they had a band! Not a little band--a BAND--a real band, all the way from Syracuse! I love bands! Why don't we have them in Canada? Do we have any big marching bands like they have in the US? Our west maybe? I'll have to google it.




Now, I'm wondering if I can figure out a way to put a band in my sports story...hmmm....

No comments: